Friday, June 10, 2011

Grass Update

Today, Jackie went to her first play date and we played in a giant backyard and playscape. She held my hand when we first entered the grass and then walked downhill in the grass all on her own. We were making an art project so she was on my lap for a little while, but when I put her down, she was gone like the wind. She played follow the leader, and followed the boy all across his yard, completely out of my sight and without turning back at me! She was cruising along and an obvious grass-walking professional. It was very cool to see her so comfortable in something that daycare said only a few days ago that she would not do.

I told the other mothers and it's very true: daycare better not be sitting her on their lap on Monday while the other kids play in the grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment